Our Five Action Areas at a Glance
We critically reviewed our main sustainability topics in the reporting year in light of the merger with Deutsche Wohnen, the consolidated reporting and new and amended conditions and regulations. We identified a total of ten material and 14 important topics that we specifically address in our sustainability strategy. We have allocated these topics to five different action areas, which in turn serve as the basis for our sustainability reporting process.
- The Environment and Climate action area pursues the aim of reducing carbon in the real estate portfolio and sustainable construction and refurbishment.
- In our Society and Contribution to Urban Development action area, we are committed to creating neighborhoods that are a pleasure to live in.
- Our Homes and Customers action area focuses on our efforts to provide attractive housing for our tenants.
- This is made possible by our diverse and creative workforce, whose needs are taken into account in the action area Corporate Culture and Employees.
- The Sustainable Governance and Responsible Business Practices action area stipulates the guidelines and principles of our corporate governance and compliance and ensures our sustainable and long-term success on the capital market for our future viability.